Friday, August 1, 2008

Angel Food is a good thing

Greetings on this first day of August.

I know I haven't been as active in posting as I should be, but with school, work and the baby, I am busy! So with that said, I am going to be more proactive this month and attempt for something new to be up everyday.

Today's entry will be about the Angel Food Ministries program.

If you are on this site you are either related to me or interested in saving money in the kitchen. With that said, the Angel Food program is an awesome way of doing that.

I encourage you to go to the website and see if it is a fit for you. My guess is yes. It is not welfare or public assistance, more of a private social program that reaches out to save people money on food.

Jennifer and I have done this for the past two months and it is truly a blessing. With the Angel Food we have bought (yes you have to pay for it), it has allowed us to spend less on food at the grocery store and more on gas (that being a different blog).

All of the food that you receive is restaurant quality and so far we have not gotten anything that wasn't good. However, this month we received a mushroom pizza (neither of us like mushrooms).

I encourage you to check out the website and go for it. At least try it for a month, if you won't eat what you get, you can always donate it to a food bank.

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/

All the best,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so much appreciate you sharing this website with us. It will be a great blessing to us, as well! We had been struggling enough as it was with my inability to work now and with the grocery prices continuing to sky rocket the grocery bill was eating into money needed for other bills. We called the person over our local delivery point and will be signing up for it and ordering our first food from Angel Food Ministries Tuesday and will receive it near the end of the month. Thank you again so much!