Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mexican Chicken, use the crock pot!


Mexican Chicken in the Crock-Pot


For this, I did another clean out the fridge deal.

Utilizing leftover frozen chicken and stuff we had in the freezer and cabinets.

I took a cup of chopped chicken, one can of tomatoes w/ chilies, 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables and cooked this in the crock pot today. I added a tablespoon of chili powder, half a cup of taco sauce and half a cup of salsa, mixed that in. Then I tinkered with the seasonings to suite me and the OHGTT, adding cumin, pepper, salt, A-1 sauce and garlic powder.

I also put on a pot of beans and a pot of rice. When the rice was done, I mixed 2 cups of cooked rice into the crock pot. The beans were served on the side.

I cut a few tortillas into wedges and baked them in the oven at 450 for 10 minutes. They became crispy and made a great bread to eat with this.

Top with cheese and sour cream and serve it up!


All the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds so good! I love Mexican food. Salsa is great with chicken so I know I'll be trying this! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

All of these pictures are making my mouth water! This sounds really good too!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW this was good because I made a similar version of the chicken with the beans and veggies. Wish I had baked some tortillas too. That sounds great.