Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sweet Taters and Onions

Weird sounding, I know, but you have to trust me on this one. This is probably the best side dish I have ever made!

2 sweet potatoes
1 large onion
2 tablespoons oil (I prefer olive, but use what you got)
Salt, pepper

Peel and cube your sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces. Peel and cut your onion into bite sized pieces.

Heat your pan and the oil over medium high heat. Toss in the sweet potatoes and the onion in and saute until they are soft and slightly brown. Salt and Pepper to taste.

This is a great side for most anything, but we usually eat it with chicken or turkey. I also add an apple into the mix to change the flavor occasionally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMM! This sounds great and I'll have to try it! I've always loved fried potatoes and onions and make that quite often. I love sweet potatoes. I had just never thought of making the dish with sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes.

Anonymous said...

Another one I must try!