Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ginger Beef and Broccoli

Sorry I am on this crock pot kick, but I am working nights, so I am trying to make it easy on the OHGTT.



4-5 minute steaks (or any cheap cut of meat you have)

2 cups of frozen broccoli

2 beef bullion cubes

2 cups boiling water

1 tablespoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

salt/pepper to taste



Turn your crock pot on low and add the bullion cubes and two cups of boiling water. Stir to dissolve. Add the meat, ginger, cumin and garlic. Make sure the meat is covered, you may need to add more HOT water.



Cook for 5-7 hours or longer if you need to. (Mine cooked for 9 hours before we ate it.) Add the broccoli about one hour before you serve.



Put your rice on 20 minutes before you are ready to eat.



Easy and CHEAP meal ready when you come home from work!



Again, this was stuff we already had here, so I got two more things out of the freezer! Hooray!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! This sounds so good! Crockpots are wonderful for making dinner when you're working and this so good. I've been meaning to use my crock pot more and this is a great recipe to try in it. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I love crock pot recipes and it looks like this would be very good.

Anonymous said...

The crock pot is my friend. I am definitely going to try this one.