Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tomato and Onion Salad

This is quite tasty!

1 large tomato, seeded and cut in bite sized pieces
1 medium onion, cut in bite sized pieces

In a measuring cup, add 1/4 cup olive oil and then add vinegar to make it to 1/3 cup. Use any vinegar you like or have, red/white wine vinegar works best. Whisk in 1/2 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon honey.

Pour the liquid over the vegetables and chill for at least 30 minutes. The longer the better will allow the onions to mellow out more and they won't be as strong as a freshly cut raw onion.

If you are not much on vinegar you can cut the amount you put in or if you really like it add more.

All the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so simple and I'm sure it's real tasty! I have to try that. I am on a salad kick lately and I have everything here I need to make this salad. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I made this recipe for lunch today and it was very tasty.