Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Vanilla Infused Sweet Potatoes

I had these as a side dish at Outback, so I had to recreate it at home.

Couple large sweet potatoes, baked until soft.
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Peel the potatoes and place the soft insides in a bowl, mash them with all the other ingredients until smooth. Plate and add a little more pecans to the top.

If you are making a large bowl of these to feed more than 4 people, you will want to add extra ingredients. I would also recommend that you alter the vanilla to suit your tastes.

These were superb!

Rich

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know I'd love these! I just love sweet potatoes and the ingredients are part of the ingredients that go in my potato casserole without as much hassle.

Anonymous said...

When you told me about these I didn't think it sounded good. Now that I have looked at the ingredients I am anxious to try it!!

Anonymous said...

ummmm , that sounds so tasty .....

i might have to make that one ..