Friday, August 8, 2008

Easy pan stuffing

This is a simple stuffing that I make with turkey and chicken on a regular basis.

1 medium onion
2 apples
1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
2 cups chicken stock
3 to 4 cornbread muffins

Start by sauteing a chopped onion in a little olive oil. When it becomes soft, add two chopped apples (Granny Smith works best), cook this for 10 - 15 minutes. Crumble the cornbread into the pan and pour in chicken stock (or 2 cups of chicken bullion made stock). Add a half cup of dried cranberries or raisins.

As you cook this, the cornbread will absorb the stock and the flavors. Cook for 10 more minutes and you are ready to serve.

We eat this with pork chops, turkey and chicken. It takes very little time and is relatively cheap to make.

All the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy this sounds good and simple to make.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm! This sounds delicious and very easy to make. It's another I will definitely try. I just love your recipes.

Anonymous said...

Shame on me, I know, but I have never liked stuffing/dressing with fruit in it very much.

*Runs*

:)

I do LOVE stuffing tho without it and its my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner!