Monday, August 11, 2008

More fun with leftovers

Today for lunch, I cleaned out the fridge.

We had the leftover pinwheels from last night. But to change them a bit, I made a quick cheese sauce from a half jar of queso, several spoonfuls of salsa and two spoonfuls of sour cream. As it heated, it turned into a creamy spicy cheese sauce to pour over the pinwheels. I then put another dab of sour cream on top for garnish.

So in making lunch today, I cleaned 3 more containers out of the fridge. As I stated in the first Fun with Leftovers tip, you must change the leftovers into a new dish to keep the family eating them. No one wants to eat the same thing over and over again.

The OHGTT gave this one an awesome rating.

All the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! This would be great and that was a great way to clean out the fridge! This is kind of funny because I was telling a friend of mine today how good Salsa con Queso works for the cheese for nachos/chili/cheese! I always use a dollop of sour cream with my nachos, too (and diced tomatos) LOL!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you for not only saving money but for not wasting food.
dette

Anonymous said...

I am addicted to your website with your wonderful recipes and ideas and the ads on it! I am finding the neatest kitchen gadgets, cookware, more recipes, and all kinds of things! Today I found a baking pan designed for baking brownies! It was really cool. It had divider walls in 2 places so there were 4 rows of brownies in the pan so all the brownies had sides. Those ads are like Toys R Us for anybody wanting to cook or save money! LOL!