Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fried Bananas with Peanut Butter Sauce

I came up with this dessert one night, when we had nothing sweet in the house.



Take a couple bananas and peel, then cut them in halves. Fry these in some butter, until soft and brown.

While the bananas are browning, put 1 cup of peanut butter, 1/4 cup milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a saucepan. Heat this and melt the peanut butter, stir continuously, until a smooth sauce is formed.

Plate your 'nanners and pour the sauce over them. If you want to add another flavor, you can put a couple spoonfuls of jelly or ice cream on the plate.

I am not a big peanut butter in a recipe type person, but this is awesome every time I make it.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy. Sounds good and so simple. You know I like simple. The older I get the less I like to cook!
dette

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness does this ever sound good!! I'd never have thought of frying a banana, though. You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

I bet this would be even yummier with a nice dollop of Cool Whip on the top!

Anonymous said...

yummy, I've done something like that .I sometimes have a bannana with peanut butter straight from the jar....just peel and plop the peanut butter right on it .
( no cooking needed )

speaking of peanut butter ... you might like to try a peanut butter and miricle whip sandwich... and if your daring try it with dill pickle.
It really is good