Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oatmeal Pie

I had my doubts about this when I first found it on HillbillyHousewife.com. I tried it today and I must say it is quite tasty! It came out of the oven looking like a pecan pie, but had a crumbly texture, like cornbread. Jenn and I both tried a slice before supper tonight and it was great! I used a store bought pie crust (Food Lion has them for about $1.00 each), so I figure in all I have about $2.00 in this pie! I also mixed in about a handful of coconut flakes, next time i am thinking raisins in it would be great.

Check it out!
http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/oatmealpie.htm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I probably would not have tried this but since you did and it's good I will. I love pecan pie and everyone knows oatmeal is good for you.
dette

Anonymous said...

hey bill. if i come down there will you teach me how to cook =]
-Caitlin "bob"

Susan said...

Wow , It turned out amazing,It taste great and yes was pretty cheap and super easy to make.

It even looked pretty coming out of the oven :)

I will even make this for guest and pot-lucks. It is that good :)

Thanks .

p.s you get a point on the cool guy meter ;)

Anonymous said...

I saved this recipe on my computer to try. I love pecan pie and I love oatmeal so I think that would be very good. Thank you for posting it!