Thursday, July 24, 2008

Break it down


One day for lunch, we had very little in the kitchen. I had some hot dogs, but no buns. So I made a deconstructed hot dog lunch.



On the plate is obviously two hot dogs with chili and onions. I added the mustard base as a bit of fancy flair. The round things are bread, which I used a glass to cut out circles and toasted them with a bit of butter, then topped with cheese and pepper flakes and baked again.

While it is not a beautiful plate, it served it's purpose. We ate a decent (cheap) meal and didn't have to buy anything more than we already had.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks good. I am hungry. The mustard does look good on there.
dette

Anonymous said...

You would make a good Food TV Network star. You could have your own show with all of these cheap eats and stuff. I love watching shows like The Next Food Network Star and Top Chef :)

Anonymous said...

That was very clever. I love hot dogs and I bet the cheese bread was great.