Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cheap and Easy Chicken and Dumplins

This is a super easy and super cheap recipe that has been in my family for a long time.

1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
1 small can of the cheapest biscuits you can find. These are the ones that bake to about the size of a hockey puck!

Prepare soup as directed on can. When it starts getting hot, tear the raw biscuits into small pieces and throw them in the pot. The biscuits will plump as they are done.

That's it. Serve it up and enjoy. As listed above it will serve two people, but can be easily doubled to feed 4 or 2 super hungry people.

This costs about $1.00 to make. You can usually find the biscuits on sale for 4/$1.00 and the cost of the soup.

We eat this at least once a week, it is a quick meal when we get home late!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is suprisingly very good. I like my biscuits in teeny tiny pieces since I don't like gooey bread. I love this cheap and easy recipe!
dette

Anonymous said...

Im going to have to try this one for sure!

Anonymous said...

I'll probably try this one, but I'd add more cooked chicken too, to add a little protein to the meal.

Anonymous said...

Not only is that quick to make, it would be a real money saver on the grocery budget! It would also be a good meal for stay at home Moms to make for small children at lunch.