Saturday, July 12, 2008

What is the point of this?

What is a Hillbilly Gourmet? It is this mountain boy's attempt at bringing cheap and easy food to the masses.



I don't expect many people to understand or even to care, but with the prices of everything going up, we can all use a little help in the kitchen. So with that, I will be showing you simple foods, which you can serve to company, but they are meant to reward yourself and your family.



There are some great sites out there that show you how to save money, but the food is a lot of times bland and gross. I would suggest you stay tuned in and I will help guide you through this wonderful journey. (We might even make it to cooking opossum!).

I intend to update this daily, many times using what we have eaten for supper (yes supper, dinner is at noon).

All the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent idea. I know what a great cook you are so will be anxious to see what new recipes you come up with!
dette

Anonymous said...

I am truly thorougly enjoying your website! I sure understand the reason behind this website. All of us need to be finding ways to conserve money at the grocery store, Super Wal-Marts, etc. and we need to learn to become more self-sufficient. At the rate gasoline and grocery prices are rising it is getting extremely difficult to stretch the food dollars. I think for the average couple the skyrocketing gasoline bills and grocery/non food bills at the grocery store are eating away at what we once had budgeted to other things. At the rate our government is going we may all be lucky if we're able to put a veggies and cornbread meal on the table.