Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fast and Easy Chutney

I made an apricot coconut chutney to put over chicken. I used canned apricots and pureed half the can along with a half a handful of coconut, then cut up the remaining apricots and folded them in. It gave a nice tropical feel to plain frozen breaded chicken breasts. I would recommend pureeing all the apricots and cutting a few fresh ones up to mix in. The canned ones were a bit mushy.

To go with that I made mango rice, using the leftover syrup from canned mangos (we had for dessert the night before) to cook the rice in. It was good, but I made a very sticky rice from the sugar in the syrup.

Not bad for a bunch of stuff just thrown together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good all except the sticky rice : )

Anonymous said...

I've never attempted to make a chutney but that sounds good and sounds like it would be good on baked chicken breasts, too, as well as the patties. You've became quite creative in the kitchen!